Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hello world and how I tried my new "Epicurean"

Hello world,

How exciting to start a new year with a new project: Welcome to "the vodka smash kitchen"! During this Christmas holidays I spend some time surfing and came across amazing food blogs and I thought, well, why not give it a try?

So here we go and the first post -surprisingly- is not about food, but about a simple appliance, a new cutting board (one of the Christmas gifts, of course).

It seems I have to change them every few month because the become ugly, have deep cuts, the wooden ones bend (does that happen to you too or is it just me?). So I decided to put the cutting board onto my wishlist and found a one called Epicurean underneath the tree.

Back home I worked up all my courage, took it to the kitchen, put out the bread and the knife and when seeing the nasty blade, well... I cut it on a plate instead - and the cutting board remained immaculate

And this eventhough it came with helpful instruction (written by the seller himself), explaining how to "renew" the cutting board once the signs of use become visible.

Luckily, I overcame the fraidy-cat-symptom the same night and cut celery root, potatos and savoy cabbage on it. And yes, I was rewarded: easy and smooth movements with the blade, and no resistance from the board. Cleaning was easy too and until now it almosts seems unused.

Not a big profit the dish itself (potato-celery root purée with savoy cabbage in a horsereddish-cream sauce): both, celery and savoy cabbage flavorless and no way how to enhance this (any tips, maybe? ;)). Next (successfull) dish can be found here. Promise!

Apart from that: I am happy with my present (thanks Mom! ;)).

Enough for today & time to close my frist blog entry. I think I like this a lot :)

Have a good day!
Julia


If you're curious to see whatelse they do, here is the link to the manufacturer: Epicurean



No comments:

Post a Comment